Oven roasted tender pears take the ho-hum out of this good-for-medley of pear halves, cherries, blueberries, and raisins. It’s a luscious dessert that’s GERD-friendly, and especially good in autumn when delectable Bosc pears are in season. The dish is versatile too, and can be served warm or cold, topped with nuts, dolloped with cool whip, or smothered wth some healthy yogurt. These pears should bake for an hour in the oven and they take a few minutes to prepare, but the end result is sensational!
- 6 medium Bosc pears cored and halved
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup pitted Cherries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 6 tsp brown sugar
- Dash salt
- 6 tsp soft margarine
- Place pears flat side down on a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange blueberries and cherries and raisins around pear halves.
- In a small bowl, combine water, brown sugar and salt.
- Pour over fruit and dot with margarine.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 55 – 60 minutes until pears are tender.
- Serve topped with fruit.
Nutritional information per 1/2 pear serving: Calories 168, Sodium 32 mg